What can Florida’s 511 Traveler Information System do for you?
Many features, many roadways, one source for traffic and travel info
APP Users must download new APP. See link off of FL511.com. Old APP via LogicTree has expired.
All Users, issues are currently being addressed with the new system. Please be patient.
Users of the Florida 511 Traveler Information System now have access to more benefits. The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) added new features and improved upon existing ones to deliver even more real-time traffic and travel information.
The state’s free and official service continues to provide incident, congestion and construction information on all of Florida’s interstates and toll roads, and other major metropolitan roadways.
Features that can help you avoid traffic and safely reach your destination:
- Driving directions, with point-to-point travel times and alternate routes (Not available on Twitter or via phone)
- Notification of crashes, congestion, lane closures and construction on all of Florida’s interstates and toll roads, and other major metropolitan roadways. Data supplied by FDOT, Road Rangers, Florida Highway Patrol (FHP), and Waze.
- Severe weather alerts and forecasts, supplied by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) (Not available on Twitter)
- “My Cameras” feature on FL511.com allows users to create a list of FDOT traffic cameras for a personalized live look at conditions along their route.
- Transfers/links to public transit agencies, airports and seaports. (Not available on Twitter)
- Official source of traffic and travel information throughout severe weather and wildfires
- Provides weather-related road and bridge closure updates.
- AMBER, Silver and LEO Alerts:
- America’s Missing: Broadcast Emergency Response (AMBER) Alerts notify the public of the most serious child-abduction cases.
- Silver Alerts notify the public when law enforcement agencies are searching for missing adults or citizens with cognitive impairments, including Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia.
- Law Enforcement Officer (LEO) Alerts notify the public when law enforcement officers are searching for an offender(s) who has killed or seriously injured a law enforcement officer.
- Turn-by-turn directions, with real-time traffic updates, alternate routes, and improved travel times on more roadways
- Easy access to website
- Links to other travel and transportation agencies
- Available on both Android and Apple devices
- Interactive map of Florida with pin-drop locations for incidents, congestion, construction, cameras and message signs
- Traffic camera views
- Turn-by-turn directions, travel times, and alternate routes
- Weather information and forecasts by NOAA
- Live scrolling alerts about major incidents, road and bridge closures, and more
- Available in English and Spanish
- Name and save your routes (e.g. work to home, evacuation, etc.).
- Sign up to receive text and email alerts:
- Travel time increases
- Traffic speed changes
- Crashes, construction and congestion
- Alerts sent at the times and days you choose
- Toll-free calls to 511 from any phone located in Florida
- Simplified voice prompts and commands
- Choose from “Traffic” or “Transfers”
- Transfers to other traffic and travel entities:
- Transit agencies
- Commuter Services
- Other agencies
- A total of 13 statewide, regional or roadway-specific feeds
- Users can share real-time traffic and travel updates.